Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Bahn

Okay, so... Schlitterbahn rocks, and I can't believe I'm just now figuring that out at 37. By far, our favorite was the Torrent River, which is like a lazy river, except not lazy. We spent the better part of the day on that loop, Laney warning me about coming waves and me holding on to her tube and gazing restfully at the clouds rolling by above us. Honestly, it's been a while since I've been so relaxed. In a bathing suit no less- in public! I'm so, so glad I had this time with my big girl before she is stolen away by the Texas public school system. Sniffle-sob.

When we got home, though, there was a price to be paid. Gabby ran at me, and just about knocked me over. Jonah? Well. His sneer of disdain said it all. Oh, so you think you can just waltz out on me for a 48-hour girl party, and then expect to be welcomed back? Think again. You will pay handsomely, and I will withhold my infinite cuteness from you. Or possibly- Hmm... you do look familiar, but I just can't quite place you. Hey! Keep your hands off me! Daaaaddyyyyyy! Anyway, day 2 he wouldn't let me put him down and today was business as usual.

Meanwhile, I'm considering which of my organs I can possibly sell on the black market to pay for all the services we're going to need. For example, if he goes to ABA 3 half-days a week, that's $1300 a month. Right. I'm still trying to figure out what, if anything, my insurance will cover, but I have my doubts. They only paid for 20 visits with the speech therapist. Sure, 20 visits should be ample time to correct any and all speech deficits. Shame on them. Anyway, my liver is in good shape... any takers?

1 comment:

  1. I so want to go to Schlitterbahn. Sigh, we never made it this summer...and it's been 17+ years since our last trip there.

    As far as the money goes, well, you know my take on it--it sucks balls but you'll figure out a way. Just the other day I was cleaning out my inbox and I saw an email from the CCRM business office. I opened the attachment and saw the 19K bill from 2009...just one freakin' cycle with them. I just gulped and hit delete. At least your treatments will actually get you something--ha! It sounds cliche, but where there's a will, there's a way, and you definitely have a will for this. Wish wish wish it were all covered...insurance stuff is naturally unfair. But don't forget to smoke and drink and eat at McDonalds every day so they can pay for your heart attack in a few years--so freakin' unfair.

    OK, now I'm all riled up about insurance.

    Will go back to thinking about waterslides now :)

    ReplyDelete