Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Justice League

Today, Elena (5) was assigning a super power to each of us. Jonah's was the power to chew things- like books, she said. Yes, well. Too true. Every single book in this house has rounded corners. Books he'll eat- it's food that he refuses. Still, good roughage. Anyway, I asked if my powers could be super energy and the ability to make decisions. She declined and instead assigned me the power to make dinner. Right.

I am paralyzed to make these decisions about Jonah's care. I mean, if I pick the wrong ballet class for one of my daughters, no biggie. Just pick another one next time. If I choose the wrong program for Jonah, it could seriously impact his future, and I break into a cold sweat just thinking about it. Again, I could change something if what we're doing is clearly not working, but there's only so many times I want to jerk him in and out of relationships with care providers. At the moment, I'm trying to decide about home-based vs. site-based ABA, and then which program either way. And like I said- paralyzed.

We are starting a team for the 2010 Greater Austin Walk Now for Autism Speaks (Oct 9th). I'll try to post a link so y'all can join the team (technology is not my strong suit). Hope to see you there, and if not, feel you cheering from miles away. These little guys need all the help we can give them!

No comments:

Post a Comment